Tuesday, October 24, 2006

the second day of syawal...

well, the first Syawal was not to bad. it went smooth without me having to control my feeling although there's a point where i realized that this is my third year celebrating Eid far from my family. no point of hiding the feeling when everyone's share the same atmosphere and emotion.

after morning prayer, almost all of us went for a convoy to Uncle Danni's place. as usual, getting lost is common for people who never been to his place. it's not our fault by the way, the road sign to his place disappear thus we could no locate the road. after all its a worth journey to West Moonah. we were served with bryani rice, 'nasi himpit' (sounds funny a lil' bit when you type it), masak lodeh, ayam masak merah, tahu goreng cili and the thing that you will never miss even though you are in Hobart, jem tart (man, this is classic, pure classic when you can see everyone aim at the same thing). after all, we had a good laugh and chat with Uncle Danni and his wife. i wish i could provide photo here, but to lazy to get it from my friend.

after uncle danni's place, all of us, totaling of 6 cars with roughly 5 peoples in it, we head to Maksu's place. well, as raya is all about food, the same thing goes with this visit. serving us with rice, popedum, chicken curry and plenty of dessert, none of us could actually stand up and walk from the lounge area to the kitchen. to me, after three years of celebrating raya with not so many people in the previous year i would officially declare that this is one of the best i ever had. although the number is not so big, we share the excitement and experience. thanks people for the effort and to all the people who actually celebrating their last raya in hobart this year, you guys are the best. may Allah, with His will, one day grant us the opportunity to celebrate raya together again.

surprisingly in Australia, only Sydney, Tasmania and probably all over Victoria celebrate their Eidulfitri yesterday. for Queensland and Western Australia, they celebrate their Eid today. not to sure about Northern Territory and ACT but im sure if its not yesterday, it should be today.

well, to my family and relatives back home, Eid Mubarak and may this year Ramadhan is one the best for all of us. forgive me for all the mistakes and all the bad deeds that i've done previously and hopefully in future as well. i'm just a normal human being lacking in many things. to all my friends, brothers and sisters, regardless of your background and belief, either from the real world or from the virtual world, Eid Mubarak and forgive me for all my bad deeds as well. im just a friend with many duties, and on top of that with bad memories, i hope you guys could forgive me. thanks guys.

today is the second day of ramadhan and im back on my computer, trying to finish my essay. i have exactly 10 minutes before i can call my mom, brother and sister to wish them Eid Mubarak and say what i want to say. alrighty guys, have a good Eid Mubarak and have a good day. salam to all of you from me in Hobart, Tasmania.